Network Switches – Networking solutions- ExtremeSwitching – 5420F-24T-4XE
|User name :|
|Confirm Password :|
|Already Registered ! Click Here to login.|
|User name :|
ExtremeSwitching 5420F 24 10/100/1000BASET FDX/HDX 2 stacking/SFP-DD 4 10G unpopulated SFP+ MACSec capable internal fixed PSU fans 1 unpopulated modular PSU slot. Includes 1 year XIQ Pilot Cloud Subscription.
The ExtremeSwitching 5420 Series are high-performance, feature-rich edge switches designed for the next-generation digital enterprise. The 5420 Series universal hardware design provides end-to-end secure network segmentation, in addition to advanced policy capabilities, and offers a user-selectable choice of Extreme’s flagship switch operating systems. This makes the 5420 a uniquely flexible platform that can be deployed across a range of edge and wiring-closet environments
5420F-24T-4XE contains contains below components :
- Hardware 5420F-24T-4XE
- Redundant PSU XN-ACPWR-150W
- Mandatory 1 Year support : 97004-5420F-24T-4XE
- Power Cord : 10096
- Universal Hardware Platform :
The 5420 Series as a universal hardware platform comes with a dual-persona capability allowing user choice of the switch operating system (OS). Either the ExtremeXOS® or VSP Operating System (VOSS) persona can be enabled on 5420 hardware models. The desired persona can be selected at start-up or changed at a later stage. Once selected, the 5420 assumes the features/capabilities of the selected OS.
5420 persona activation can be done manually at bootup, including via the system CLI. Or, it can be automated by pre-provisioning the 5420 persona in ExtremeCloud IQ. When first booted, the 5420 automatically connects to ExtremeCloud IQ to find its persona. The pre-provisioned OS persona is then remotely enabled on the 5420 system – eliminating the need for manual selection.
- MACsec Link Encryption : IEEE 802.1AE MACsec* is supported on the 5420 access ports, as well as on its built-in uplink ports. MACsec is a hop-by-hop security capability which encrypts/decrypts packets between connected switches or devices. As a linkonly encryption, the switches can still apply services to the packet, such as policy or QoS, without compromising the security of packets across the link. With 128-bit and 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) support, the 5420 provides the most secure link encryption.
- Ethernet Fabric Services : The 5420 supports a variety of Ethernet Fabric services, including Extreme’s Fabric Connect when running VOSS and Extreme’s IP Fabric when running ExtremeXOS. It also supports Fabric Attach for automated connection to either Layer 2 or Layer 3 fabric services. Extreme’s Fabric Connect and IP Fabric on the 5420 enable the creation of virtualized networks that automate network operations, simplify network provisioning and enhance security, all while reducing the strain on network and IT personnel.